Your privacy on www.sandgresponse.co.uk
Note: if you are not a Customer or potential Customer of S&G Response only those sections relating to our website are relevant to you.
Last updated on: 17th December 2021
S&G Response takes data protection seriously and is committed to respecting and protecting your personal data. Your personal data is data which by itself or with other data available to us can be used to identify you.
This Privacy Notice explains how we will collect, store and use any personal data you provide via our website, email or networks and when you otherwise communicate with us (including in the course of the services we provide or the running of our business).
If you have any questions you can contact us at:
- Telephone – 01625 417 758
- Post – FAO: Risk and Compliance Department, S&G Response, St Ann’s House, Parsonage Green, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 1HG
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This Privacy Notice may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
Please take the time to read this Privacy Notice, which contains important information about the way in which S&G Response processes personal data.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, “Data Protection Legislation” is defined as, for the periods in which they are in force, the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, all laws giving effect or purporting to give effect to the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (such as the Data Protection Act 1998) or otherwise relating to data protection (to the extent the same apply) and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/670) (“GDPR”) or any equivalent legislation amending, supplementing or replacing the GDPR.
2. The data we may collect about you
We may collect, or be provided with, and process information about you, your personnel and clients through various means, including:
In the course of carrying out work for you (or your business), in which case we will process any of your client personal data provided to us as a Data Processor as defined in the Data Protection Legislation;
- Via our website (for example, on our ‘Contact Us’ page);
- By email or other electronic correspondence;
- By telephone;
- Networking (e.g. conferences, customer events and/or other meetings or events either hosted or attended by us);
- Otherwise through providing our services or operating our business.
The personal data you give to us may include:
- Your name and title;
- Contact information, including telephone number, postal address and email address;
- Information relating to your location, preferences and/or interests;
- Photographic identification;
- With respect to your clients, their personal data including special categories of personal data;
- The content of any enquiry submitted over our website;
- Any other personal data we collect (such as the customer and client reference numbers which may be assigned to you) in the context of providing our services or in the course of operating our business.
Each time you visit our website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Web usage information (e.g. IP address);
- Information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URLs) clickstream to, through and from our website.
We may ask you for information when you report a problem with our website.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or conversation.
The personal data described above may relate to any of the following categories of person:
- Our customers and your clients;
- Our prospective customers;
- Those who submit enquiries through our website or whose details are otherwise entered into our marketing management system.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small non-executable text file that is placed on your computer when you browse a website. Our website uses two kinds of cookies; first party ’session cookies’ which retain information for the duration of your visit, for example if you’re completing more than one form you only need to provide your information once; and first party ‘persistent cookies’ which remain on your computer after your visit and help us monitor what parts of the site you visit so that we can keep improving our website in accordance with your preferences. Our cookies don’t hold any personal or confidential information about you. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies.
Understanding the way you interact with our site is very important to us which is why we monitor site traffic using cookies and use the information to enhance our site’s overall design, layout and functionality.
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
Session cookies: These cookies are used to retain information for the duration of your visit, for example if you’re completing more than one form you only need to provide your information once.
Sandgresponse.co.uk tracking cookies: These cookies are used to recognise repeat visitors to the site and record specific browsing information (e.g. how you arrive, pages you view, options you select, information you enter and paths you take).
A user identification cookie: This holds a unique (32-character) reference which identifies this visitor each time that they return to our site. This cookie is held for a 10-year duration. Unless users upgrade their browsers (which clears their cookies) within this time. This identifies you as a user only and does not identify you personally.
Distinguishing cookie: This cookie allows us to distinguish one user from another but this cookie is not responsible for identifying the individual.
Google Analytics Cookies:
S&G Response uses Google Analytics cookies to store information, such as what time a visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. The cookies report website trends. They do not identify individual visitors. A different set of cookies is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites. In addition to disabling cookies users can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on, which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about website visits. To find out more visit https://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html